Tail Lift Deliveries
All our deliveries are subcontracted out via palletised carrier companies. It is your responsibility to advise us of any delivery restrictions you may have prior to the goods being despatched, along with your full delivery address including postcode and contact telephone number.
The following check list is provided to ensure that delivery is achieved in the easiest and safest manner for all concerned.
- Check that your access is suitable; this does not just mean your drive but the road approaching your property?
- Can a refuse truck gain access to your property?
- Is the allocated drop off point for the goods on a flat level surface, free of gravel and uneven paving etc? Pallet trucks cannot deliver up or down inclines.
- You, or a designated individual, must be available to sign for the goods, with a contact telephone supplied if different to your own.
- Have I given the correct postal address, including Postcode and contact telephone number?
- Are there any low hanging branches? The high sides of the vehicle may not be able to get under these, so please check.
It is advisable to view our delivery video which should provide you with an indication of the nominal size and type of vehicle used for delivery. Please note that if you do have delivery restrictions we are usually able to make special arrangements to accommodate them, but it is critical that you provide us with as much information as possible.
- There are certain times when the driver may need assistance with your delivery, especially with large difficult items, and items that are oversized, this mainly concerns Railway sleepers. We always advise that there is someone able bodied to aid the driver with any manual handling needed when delivery resrictions prevent use of the tail lift.
Deliveries Within 3 - 4 Working Days
We aim to deliver all goods within 3 - 4 working days on orders placed before 11 am, with most orders being delivered much sooner. This is providing products are in stock. However we cannot be accountable for late deliveries as a result of factors outside our control, such as increased traffic during seasonal holidays. Deliveries are made between 7 a.m and 6 p.m, and whilst we can try and obtain an estimated time of delivery during that day, in some instances this is not possible.
If you require your order delivered within a specific time-frame, we can upgrade your delivery service at a small additional cost. This service includes the following:
Next day / Timed / Saturday Morning
You can usually stipulate any of these services subject to the order being place in time and the availability of the product.Due to the specific nature of these deliveries varying from indvidual to individual, these orders must be placed over the phone, where we will take the instruction from you and inform you of any surcharge. Once this has all been agreed you will receive an email confirmation of the order and the specific delivery arrangements.
Please note that if the driver considers your access unsuitable for what ever reason he is well within his rights to refuse to unload the pallet or alternatively unload it as near as possible to the required destination, which may well be at the side of the road.
If, when the driver delivers, he cannot obtain a signature, the delivery may be returned for delivery at a later date. Further charges may be incurred if this happens.
Where items state 'FREE DELIVERY' this is to UK mainland only, except for the following postcode:
EH, FK, G, KY, ML, PA, SA, AB, DD, IV, KW, PH, TR, PL, KA, TD, DG, PA, PH, PA, BT, IE, IM, PO, GY, JE
However we can deliver to these postcode, at a small delivery surcharge, please call us on 0844 567 8811 for a quote.
On some items these postcodes have a drop down box which inlcudes surcharges to these areas. Where available please use this facility. PLEASE NOTE - WE DO NOT CARRY GOODS INTO BACK GARDENS OR BEYOND REASONABLE DISTANCE - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS SUFFICIENT SPACE FOR DELIVERY TO BE MADE .
Get our latest DEALS, exclusive VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS first